- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2 small bowls
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamias
- 1 cup of semi dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of saved oil from jar
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or more to taste
- Drain the jar of semi dried tomatoes and save a little bit of the oil.
- Put everything in the food processor and add more oil in order to get the desired consistency.
- If you want a stronger flavour you can add in some more oil from the tomato jar.
- You can thin this out even more for a fantastic pasta sauce.
- Garnish with some fresh fresh basil leaves and devour. YUM!
NotesIt doesn’t get much easier than this delicious pesto. This version from The Australian Macadamia Society is a winner…and SO easy. Literally, throw everything in the food processor; then blend and chow! No chopping, no mess, no fuss. And best of all – it is absolutely phenomenal. You won’t believe something so easy can have so much flavor. It is just to die for. Try to purchase semi-dried tomatoes in olive oil, as it is much healthier. This pesto can get very rich very quickly. So start with one tablespoon of the jar oil, and gradually pour in the olive oil into the top of the food processor; pulse and check; blend and taste until you get your perfect blend.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
The One Dollar Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More