- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryBasic macaroni and cheese is easy to make in the crockpot. Try adding some canned tuna or cooked chicken in place of bacon, if you wish.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. of crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 jar of drained,roasted red peppers, chopped
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the cooked macaroni in a slow cooker that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Add the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, bacon, peppers and 3 cups of the Cheddar cheese.
- Mix well. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover and cook on the Low setting for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges.
- Do not remove the cover or stir until the macaroni has finished cooking.