- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. of crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 jar of drained,roasted red peppers, chopped
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the cooked macaroni in a slow cooker that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Add the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, bacon, peppers and 3 cups of the Cheddar cheese.
- Mix well. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover and cook on the Low setting for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges.
- Do not remove the cover or stir until the macaroni has finished cooking.
NotesBasic macaroni and cheese is easy to make in the crockpot. Try adding some canned tuna or cooked chicken in place of bacon, if you wish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More