- Cooking Time: 10 min.
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 10 oz macaroni
- 1 cp. sour cream
- 1/2 cp. mayo and 1/2 cp. mircacle whip light (Kraft is the one i like)
- 1/4 cp. half and half (can use regular milk)
- 1/2 cp. sweet pickle relish (can use dill, your choice, cut down on sweetness of recipe)
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cps. cheddar cheese
- 1 cp. celery (chopped, fine)
- 1/2 cp. green pepper (chopped, fine)
- 1/4 cp. onion (chopped, fine)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine sour cream, mayo, and milk; stir in pickel relish, vinegar, mustard, and salt.
- Toss together cooled macaroni, cheese, celery, green peppers, and onion.
- Pour sour cream and mayo mixture over all; toss lightly to mix. (Salad will be moist)
- Chill several hours or overnight.
NotesThere are lots of macaroni salad recipes out there, but this one is very flavorful.Its a offtake of one I found on a recipe site, and dont remember which one.Added my on touches, and hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More