- Cooking Time: 35 min.
- Servings: 3-4 hungry people
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
BackstoryThis is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. My aunt used to make this for me every Sunday! I love southern cooking, and my aunts taught me well. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
*The measurements are in my head so they may vary a little.
- 1 8 oz box Elbow Macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (I use NY sharp)
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1. Butter a casserole dish and layer bottom with a large spoonful of cooked macaroni. Make sure bottom is covered.
- 2. Add a little salt and pepper, then cheese.
- 3. Continue to layer noodles and cheese. *Make sure you leave cheese for the top!
- 4. After putting last layer of noodles on top, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a small bowl and pour into casserole dish on top of noodles.
- 5. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. *Do not leave any pasta showing :-)
- 6. Place in 375 degree preheated oven and bake until bubbly and brown. aprox. 30-35 min.
- 7. Let sit for at least 10 min. before serving.
- This dish goes well with Traditional Fried Chicken, or any other main dish.
- *This is a roughly drafted recipe...grammar mistakes are hopefully overlooked :-)