- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces multigrain elbow macaroni
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 slices multigrain bread, torn
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 11/2 cups graed sharp cheddar
- 11/2 cups light sour cream
- 1/2 cup 1 percent milk
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the cauliflower during the last 5 minutes of cooking time, drain
- (A lot of times I make it without the bread crumbs) Meanwhile, pulse the bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add the parsley and 2 tablespoons of oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Pulse to combine and set aside.
- Return the pasta pot to medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the onion, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just soft, 5-7 minutes. Mix in the pasta, cauliflower, cheese, sour cream, milk and mustard.
- Transfer to a shallow 3-quart baking dish, sprinkle with the bread crumbs, and bake until golden brown. About 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More