- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces multigrain elbow macaroni
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 slices multigrain bread, torn
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 11/2 cups graed sharp cheddar
- 11/2 cups light sour cream
- 1/2 cup 1 percent milk
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the cauliflower during the last 5 minutes of cooking time, drain
- (A lot of times I make it without the bread crumbs) Meanwhile, pulse the bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add the parsley and 2 tablespoons of oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Pulse to combine and set aside.
- Return the pasta pot to medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the onion, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just soft, 5-7 minutes. Mix in the pasta, cauliflower, cheese, sour cream, milk and mustard.
- Transfer to a shallow 3-quart baking dish, sprinkle with the bread crumbs, and bake until golden brown. About 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More