- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups (500 grams) macaroni
- 4 cups (1000mL) low sodium mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (750 ml) sour cream
- 2 2/3 cup (500 grams) diced ham (optional)
- 2 cups (500 ml) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni until tender but firm (al dente), drain.
- In a large bowl mix 3 cups of the mozzarella, sour cream, ham, ricotta cheese, eggs and pepper. Add macaroni and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased (use cooking spray) 16 inch (4 L) square baking dish, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake uncovered, in 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Broil for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Serves 8.
- Note: to curtail the amount of sodium we sprinkle the top with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bon Appetit! Smaaklijk Eten!
NotesHere is a simple but tasty recipe for macaroni and cheese. We had to omit the ham, since I'm on a low sodium diet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More