- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups (500 grams) macaroni
- 4 cups (1000mL) low sodium mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (750 ml) sour cream
- 2 2/3 cup (500 grams) diced ham (optional)
- 2 cups (500 ml) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni until tender but firm (al dente), drain.
- In a large bowl mix 3 cups of the mozzarella, sour cream, ham, ricotta cheese, eggs and pepper. Add macaroni and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased (use cooking spray) 16 inch (4 L) square baking dish, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake uncovered, in 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Broil for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Serves 8.
- Note: to curtail the amount of sodium we sprinkle the top with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bon Appetit! Smaaklijk Eten!
NotesHere is a simple but tasty recipe for macaroni and cheese. We had to omit the ham, since I'm on a low sodium diet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More