- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbls butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I used a white vintage garlic cheddar cheese)
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to package
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese until melted.
- Combine cheese mixture with macaroni in greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 6 servings.