MACARONI AND CHEESE
- 6 Rhodes™ Crusty rolls, baked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/2 cups milk, heated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cups Colby cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 pound macaroni
- Put crusty rolls in a bowl, and toss with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and set aside.
- In a high-sided skillet, melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add in flour and whisk for about 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in hot milk, continue cooking and whisking until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken.
- Take off heat and stir in salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Set aside 1 cup of Colby cheese, and stir the rest into the mixture.
- Stir in prepared macaroni, and pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with rest of cheese, and add cubed crusty rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
NotesThis definitely does not taste like it came out of a box!