- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- one knob of butter
- 1/2 Cup milk, whole fat
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 2-3 handfuls of cheeses grated or shaved: sharp chedders, parmesan, pecorino
- Pasta shaped so it picks up the sause, like elbow or penne
- Boil pasta drain and set aside
- In a medium pot (uncoated) melt 1 knob of butter over a medium heat, using a fork to mix, sprinkle flour into the butter until you get a sticky paste with no lumps. If you need to keep the butter from burning pick up the pot and hold it at angle over the heat, or remove from heat temporarily. Lower the heat place back on the hob and start adding milk slowly to the roux with a whisk slightly scorching the milk into a frothy mess while the milk thickens. Turn the heat to low and add half fistfuls of grated cheese to taste. Do not add salt until the very end.
- stir into pasta and either serve wet or stick it in the oven with cheese on top for later.
- this goes well served with sauteed greens with chile vinegar sauce.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Growers' Giveback Potluck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More