- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cup toasted flaked coconut (divided)
- 1/2 cup finely ground Blanched Almonds
- 3 TB unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 24 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (divided)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg white at room temp
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Toast coconut on a jelly roll pan at 350 degrees for 5 minutes tossing ocasionally.
- Watch closely, it will go from toasted to burnt in a matter of seconds.
- Combine 1 cup of the toasted coconut, the ground almonds and melted butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese on low speed with 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp of Vanilla and 1 tsp coconut extracts.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, waiting until incorporated before adding the next one.
- Pour into spring form pan and bake for 35 minutes. (Dry bake, Do not use a water bath)
- While cheesecake is baking, place egg white in a clean bowl, beat on medium speed until frothy, add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over meringue while continuing to beat on high speed until stiff pearlescent peaks form.
- Fold in remaining 3/4 cup coconut.
- Remove cheesecake carefully and spread the meringue over the top.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the outside edge to free cheesecake and meringue from the sides.
- Loosen the ring, and cool for another 30 minutes before removing the ring completly.
- This cheesecake is a little tricky to serve, I find it best at room temp, if chilled completely through or left in the refrigerator too long, the meringue becomes a little too soft.
- Serve with chocolate sauce drizzle
NotesThe only thing better than combining macaroons and cheesecake would be tiramisu and cheesecake... Hmmm Ok that will be next, but first......
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More