- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 3.5 oz egg whites
- 1.25 oz granulated sugar
- 1 t cream of tartar
- 4 oz almond flour
- 6.9 oz powdered sugar (10X)
- Food Coloring - As needed
- Tofu Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup House Foods Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
- 2 tsp yuzu powder
- 2 tbsp Green tea powder
- 1. Sift powdered sugar and almond flour together; set aside.
- 2. In a mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk eggs with sugar and cream of tartar until you reach stiff peaks.
- 3. Fold half of the powdered sugar and almond flour mix into the whites first, and then add the rest.
- 4. Pipe into desired size onto Silpat-lined sheet pans.
- 5. Let the macaroon batter dry for about 5 minutes before baking.
- 6. Bake at 325F in a convection oven with the vent open for about 10 minutes (rotating in between).
- Directions for Filling:
- 1. Squeeze moisture from tofu.
- 2. In a food processer, add mascarpone cheese, butter and sugar.
- 3. Divide mixture into three small bowls; add rose water, yuzu powder, green tea powder in each bowl.
NotesThis recipe was created by Chef Nori Sugie for House Foods America. The unexpected Tofu filling infused with green tea and yuzu, creates a delightful surprise.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More