- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb chopped onions
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 lb stew beef or lamb cut in 1 inch cubes
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 18 oz. cans water or beef broth
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbl coarse black pepper
- 1 tbl salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 8 cabbage wedges, cut 2 inches wide
- 2 lrg potatoes, cut in quarters
- 8 tiny white turnips (whole)
- 8 lrg sweet potatoes, cut in halves
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cup (dry) rice, prepared according to
- package directions.
- In a 1 gallon Dutch oven or heavy kettle, saute the onions in the oil until the onions are soft but not brown.
- Add the stew meat and saute lightly until the meat turns color but does not brown.
- Add the next six ingredients(tomato paste thru thyme), cover tightly, and simmer over low heat for 1 hour until meat is nearly done.
- Add the vegetables, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the peanut butter and roughly 1/2 cup of the pan gravy in a bowl, making a smooth cream. Pour this mixture over the meat and vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Place 1/2 cup cooked rice in a large soup bowl. Arrange one of each vegetable around edge of bowl.
- Stir up the stew in the pot and place a ladleful of stew in the center of the bowl.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More