MAGGIE SAVAGE’S GLUTEN FREE, NUT FREE, SOY FREE VEGAN SAVOURY ROSEMARY CRACKERS
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seed flour (finely ground raw pumpkin seeds)
- ¾ cups sorghum flour
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husks
- 2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 ½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200 / 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of your KitchenAid stand mixer (using the paddle attachment), combine the flours, rosemary leaves, baking powder, fine sea salt, and psyllium husks.
- Add the water and olive oil to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Let cracker dough sit for 5 minutes. Dough will be slightly wet, but you should still be able to shape it with your hands.
- Place dough onto a large piece of floured parchment paper - I used extra pumpkin seed flour. Flour rolling pin (as necessary) to prevent sticking and roll dough until about ¼ inch thickness.
- Place rolled dough onto baking sheet (leave it on the parchment paper) and score into desired shapes using a pizza wheel or a knife. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and lightly press into the cracker dough.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, rotating tray after 16 minutes.
- Let cool to touch and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesI got this recipe from Maggie Savage of She Let Them Eat Cake.
This was Recipe #18 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event.
These handy little "melt-in-your-mouth" crackers are going to be a mainstay in our snack repertoire now! For some more easy homemade gluten free vegan cracker ideas check out Maggie's delectable Gluten Free Vegan Almond Sesame Crackers and Gluten Free Vegan Rosemary Onion Crackers or as she calls them, "Maggie's Gone Crackers". HA! I LOVE that!
Learn more about this recipe on Maggie's original blog post.
Fall in love with Maggie Savage at She Let Them Eat Cake.