- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all vegetable shortening
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir dry ingredients in large bowl, cut in shortening.
- Add yeast and milk, mix well with a fork.
- Turn out on floured board, knead 20 30 times.
- Roll out and cut. Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake as many as you need. To freeze, roll, cut and place on a cookie sheet till frozen, place in freezer bags. Place frozen in oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
MidLife Road Trip's
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More