- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all vegetable shortening
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir dry ingredients in large bowl, cut in shortening.
- Add yeast and milk, mix well with a fork.
- Turn out on floured board, knead 20 30 times.
- Roll out and cut. Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake as many as you need. To freeze, roll, cut and place on a cookie sheet till frozen, place in freezer bags. Place frozen in oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More