- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36 bars
- Preparation Time:
- ½ C. margarine or butter
- 1½ C. graham cracker or other crumbs
- 1 (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (3½ oz.) can flaked coconut (1 1/3 C.)
- 1 C. chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts, cashews, macadamia) (*I use walnuts*)
- Preheat oven to 350º (325º for glass dish).
- In 13x9 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over margarine mixing them until the crumbs are all moistened then pat them out flat, evenly coving the bottom of the pan; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle with chips then coconut followed by nuts; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Chill thoroughly if desired.
- Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
NotesMy sister and I have made these every year for Christmas for the last 7 years. My family absolutely loves them.
The Naked Macaron
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More