- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36 bars
- Preparation Time:
- ½ C. margarine or butter
- 1½ C. graham cracker or other crumbs
- 1 (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (3½ oz.) can flaked coconut (1 1/3 C.)
- 1 C. chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts, cashews, macadamia) (*I use walnuts*)
- Preheat oven to 350º (325º for glass dish).
- In 13x9 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over margarine mixing them until the crumbs are all moistened then pat them out flat, evenly coving the bottom of the pan; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle with chips then coconut followed by nuts; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Chill thoroughly if desired.
- Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
NotesMy sister and I have made these every year for Christmas for the last 7 years. My family absolutely loves them.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More