- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) cake mix (any flavor), plus ingredients to prepare mix
- 2 containers (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Yellow and purple or black food colorings
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) sugar cones
- Orange sugar, decors and black decorating gel
- Line 24 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper baking liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare and bake cake mix in muffin pan cups according to package directions. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes. Place 1/2 cup remaining frosting in small bowl; tint with yellow food coloring. Tint remaining frosting with purple or black food coloring.
- Spread sugar cones with dark frosting, covering completely. Place 1 cone upside down on each frosted cupcake. Spoon yellow frosting into small resealable food storage bag. Cut off small corner of bag; pipe yellow frosting around base of each frosted cone. Decorate as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More