- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) cake mix (any flavor), plus ingredients to prepare mix
- 2 containers (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Yellow and purple or black food colorings
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) sugar cones
- Orange sugar, decors and black decorating gel
- Line 24 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper baking liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare and bake cake mix in muffin pan cups according to package directions. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes. Place 1/2 cup remaining frosting in small bowl; tint with yellow food coloring. Tint remaining frosting with purple or black food coloring.
- Spread sugar cones with dark frosting, covering completely. Place 1 cone upside down on each frosted cupcake. Spoon yellow frosting into small resealable food storage bag. Cut off small corner of bag; pipe yellow frosting around base of each frosted cone. Decorate as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More