- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 liver
- 2 kidneys
- 1 heart
- 1 spleen
- the intestine (optional)
- 1 c olive oil
- 2 lettuce chopped
- 1 bunch dill chopped
- 10 spring unions chopped
- 1 c rice
- 3 eggs
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Clean very well liver-kidneys-heart-speen and intestine (if used).
- Heat oil in a soup pan and saute unions add meat and water (enough to cover) and boil, as soon as meat is boiling take it, out let cool enough to cut in very little pieces and put back in the pan again.
- Add lettuce,dill,salt and pepper to taste and 3 cups of water, lower heat and lett cook for 15 min, then add rice and cook another 15 min, close the heat.
- Beat the egg whites to a soft meringue, beat yolks and add to egg whites and beat in, add slowly the lemon juice and 5 tbs of soup and beat on high speed, then add to soup stirring till well mixed.
- Serve warm with hard boiled eggs.
- Bon appetite Michel
NotesIn Greece 27 April it is Easter, the greatest Christian celebration of the year here...Lent will be finished at Big Saturday after 12 midnight, at home we make the traditional "magiritsa" a tasty soup made of the goats or sheeps (insides).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
50 Shades of Taste
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More