- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cups self-rising flour*
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Then you:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended. Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- *I never have self-rising flour in the house, but no fret. To make your own all you need it all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. For every cup of all purpose flour whisk in 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
NotesStolen from Bake & Destroy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Adventures in Cooking
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More