- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperture
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease, flour, and line pans as normal, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flours. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of a electric mixer, cream in butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scape down batter in bowl to make sure the ingerdients are well blended.
- Fill cake pans as normal.
- Makes 2 dozen cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes or 2-9 in layer cakes bake for 30-40 minutes.
NotesThis is from "More from Magnolia bakery" cookbook. It is a bakery in New York City that is famous for their vanilla cupcakes and banana pudding.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More