- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperture
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease, flour, and line pans as normal, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flours. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of a electric mixer, cream in butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scape down batter in bowl to make sure the ingerdients are well blended.
- Fill cake pans as normal.
- Makes 2 dozen cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes or 2-9 in layer cakes bake for 30-40 minutes.
NotesThis is from "More from Magnolia bakery" cookbook. It is a bakery in New York City that is famous for their vanilla cupcakes and banana pudding.