MAGNOLIA CAFE CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- Servings: 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle Sauce (see below), or to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (not stewed tomatoes with peppers and onions)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until the onion is clear. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Garnish with tortilla chips and grated Monterrey Jack cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Magnolia Cafe Chipotle Sauce
* 1 small can (7-ounce) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
* 2 14.5-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (not stewed tomatoes with peppers and onions)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
Combine all ingredients and purée in a blender or food processor.