- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle Sauce (see below), or to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (not stewed tomatoes with peppers and onions)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until the onion is clear. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with tortilla chips and grated Monterrey Jack cheese. Makes 8 servings.
- Magnolia Cafe Chipotle Sauce
- * 1 small can (7-ounce) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- * 2 14.5-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (not stewed tomatoes with peppers and onions)
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients and purée in a blender or food processor.
NotesThe smoky heat provided by the Chipotle Sauce sets this tortilla soup apart from the ordinary.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More