- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 C. All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 C (1 1/3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls on to ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
NotesGot this "secret" recipe from a friend, hands down my favorite chocolate chip cookies.