- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2pcs (or more; adjust recipe according to # of sammies you want to serve) 4oz Mahi or Tuna steaks
- 2-3tblsp Carribean Jerk seasoning
- Olive oil
- 4-6leaves Swiss chard, ribs removed
- 1/8 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- splash of good Balsamic vinegar
- Avocado slices
- Mango Salsa or Chutney
- 2 pcs lg Salsa or Roasted Tomato & Pepper tortilla wraps
- Season steaks well in Jerk, rubbing in to coat.
- Heat oil in large fry pan; cook each steak approx 4-5min per side, depending on thickness; it's nice if you can avoid turning them too often. As with any meat, you can get a "feel" for doneness with experience- meat becomes more firm as it cooks, less "mushy" to the touch of your utensil. Remove and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add chard and cilantro to same fry pan, and BRIEFLY wilt by turning fire up to high, splashing with a bit of vinegar, stirring them around to coat then turning off heat after about 1-2min max; you don't want the greens to be "done", just seasoned in pan juices and and slightly wilted.
- To assemble: Layout out a couple leaves of chard w/cilantro just off-center of a wrap. Layer on a piece of steak, smashing up a bit to make it easier to roll.
- Then, a slice of avocado and a big spoon of salsa or chutney, spread evenly. Fold over shortest edge of tortilla to cover stuffing.
- Take your fingers and gently pull/roll back towards you slightly to "tighten". While holding this in place, fold over the "side" edges, then roll/fold away from you til the "wrap" sandwich is formed.
- Cut on a bias and serve warm, OR- wrap first in parchment, then in foil, refrigerate, and take on-the-go to eat chilled. These are GREAT, btw, served w/fried Plantains!
NotesThis is a super-exotic sounding sammie, if there ever was one. Very impressive, whilst very simple to make. Roll one up for a friend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
culinary karmaSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More