- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2pcs (or more; adjust recipe according to # of sammies you want to serve) 4oz Mahi or Tuna steaks
- 2-3tblsp Carribean Jerk seasoning
- Olive oil
- 4-6leaves Swiss chard, ribs removed
- 1/8 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- splash of good Balsamic vinegar
- Avocado slices
- Mango Salsa or Chutney
- 2 pcs lg Salsa or Roasted Tomato & Pepper tortilla wraps
- Season steaks well in Jerk, rubbing in to coat.
- Heat oil in large fry pan; cook each steak approx 4-5min per side, depending on thickness; it's nice if you can avoid turning them too often. As with any meat, you can get a "feel" for doneness with experience- meat becomes more firm as it cooks, less "mushy" to the touch of your utensil. Remove and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add chard and cilantro to same fry pan, and BRIEFLY wilt by turning fire up to high, splashing with a bit of vinegar, stirring them around to coat then turning off heat after about 1-2min max; you don't want the greens to be "done", just seasoned in pan juices and and slightly wilted.
- To assemble: Layout out a couple leaves of chard w/cilantro just off-center of a wrap. Layer on a piece of steak, smashing up a bit to make it easier to roll.
- Then, a slice of avocado and a big spoon of salsa or chutney, spread evenly. Fold over shortest edge of tortilla to cover stuffing.
- Take your fingers and gently pull/roll back towards you slightly to "tighten". While holding this in place, fold over the "side" edges, then roll/fold away from you til the "wrap" sandwich is formed.
- Cut on a bias and serve warm, OR- wrap first in parchment, then in foil, refrigerate, and take on-the-go to eat chilled. These are GREAT, btw, served w/fried Plantains!
NotesThis is a super-exotic sounding sammie, if there ever was one. Very impressive, whilst very simple to make. Roll one up for a friend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More