- Cooking Time: 1 hour and 30 min
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork sausage (I have used Ham instead of sausage with tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms and it is equally delicious)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 6-8 slices of bread, remove crust and cut into cubes
- 8 oz of mild, shredded cheese
- 1.Crumble sausage into a medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain.
- 2.In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk. Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly.
- 3. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- 4. Cover, and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
NotesI am not sure where this recipe came from originally but I have made this for years. This is wonderful for Christmas morning or if you have overnight guests and want to have a nice breakfast without taking away time from visiting with them. Mix the ingredients the night before and then bake it the next morning.
Submitted by: "Amy Utsman"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More