- Cooking Time: 1 hour and 30 min
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork sausage (I have used Ham instead of sausage with tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms and it is equally delicious)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 6-8 slices of bread, remove crust and cut into cubes
- 8 oz of mild, shredded cheese
- 1.Crumble sausage into a medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain.
- 2.In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk. Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly.
- 3. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- 4. Cover, and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
NotesI am not sure where this recipe came from originally but I have made this for years. This is wonderful for Christmas morning or if you have overnight guests and want to have a nice breakfast without taking away time from visiting with them. Mix the ingredients the night before and then bake it the next morning.
Submitted by: "Amy Utsman"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More