- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Your choice of meat
- 3 chicken breast, I butterfly cut mine to make 6 thin breast, pierced each piece all over with my knife
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients (except chicken) in a blender and blend well. I just blended mine well, in the Ziploc bag and it worked fine.
- Place chicken (pork or shrimp) in a large Ziploc bag and pour marinade over the meat.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator, and marinate for 2 to 4 hours. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Grill on medium high heat, 4-5 minutes per side and then turn occasionally cooking 12 more minutes or until temp reaches 165 degrees.
NotesI love the name of this marinade and I found this recipe on Plain Chicken! Stephanie has some great recipes and I love her blog!
This marinade is very versatile and can be used on chicken, shrimp, fish and pork! With each bite of the chicken I got a hint of the juices and the orange juice stuck out to me! I got a hint of the salsa too, which was nice and juicy and I love, love, love salsa! All around, this is one great tasting chicken! I think next time, I'm going to let it marinate a few hours longer! Due to time, I only let the chicken marinate 2 hours! After I butterfly cut my chicken, I pierced each piece all over with my knife so the marinade would soak into every nook and cranny! Delicious!