- Cooking Time: 10 to 14
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen you purchase halibut, please don't ask your favorite fish store to fillet one halibut, because halibut range from 50 to 700 pounds.
Nutritional facts per serving: Calories 205; Total fat 3.9 grams (saturated fat 0.6g, mono 0.3g, poly 1.2g); Carbohydrates 6.9 grams; Fiber 0.3g; Iron 1.5mg; Cholesterol 52mg; Sodium 387 mg; Calcium 81mg.
*Patis (fish sauce) and sambal oelek can be purchased at your local Asian food markets and on line.
- 8 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 Teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Patis (fish sauce)*
- 1 Teaspoon chili paste with garlic, such as sambal oelek or sambal oelek trasi*
- 1/2 Teaspoon cornstarch
- Sprinkle halibut fillets evenly with salt.
- Coat a large non-skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium high heat.
- Add fish to the pan; sauté for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine lemon juice and the next 7 ingredients (through cornstarch) in a medium size sauce pan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl add cornstarch and 1 1/2 teaspoon cold water to make a paste.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan and stir constantly for about 20 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Place halibut fillets on a platter and brush about 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet.
- Serve with basmati rice and steamed vegetables.