- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30 bars
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up (I used Ghiradelli)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces coarsely crushed malted milk balls (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, malted milk powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and chocolate; heat and stir over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, walnuts and half of the crushed malted milk balls.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool in a pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- To package, place remaining crushed malted milk balls in a small plastic bag with the instructions, 'Use a small amount of canned frosting to 'glue' malted milk balls atop bars.'
- To Store: Layer unfrosted bars between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Recipes for Vitality
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More