- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30 bars
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up (I used Ghiradelli)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces coarsely crushed malted milk balls (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, malted milk powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and chocolate; heat and stir over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, walnuts and half of the crushed malted milk balls.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool in a pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- To package, place remaining crushed malted milk balls in a small plastic bag with the instructions, 'Use a small amount of canned frosting to 'glue' malted milk balls atop bars.'
- To Store: Layer unfrosted bars between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More