- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed espresso or dark roasted coffee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs
- 1. In a small bowl, mix together with a whisk, flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2. In another small bowl, whisk together malted milk powder and espresso until smooth.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and eggs, until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and espresso mixture, making three additions of flour mixture and two of espresso mixture, beating until smooth.
- 4. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
- Malted Milk Espresso Frosting
- 2 Tbsp. strong brewed coffee
- 2 Tbsp. malted milk powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1. In a small cup, mix together 2 Tbsp. coffee and 2 Tbsp. malted milk powder until powder is dissolved.
- 2. In a bowl, add butter beat until smooth, add pinch of salt and vanilla. Add icing sugar a bit at a time and add coffee mixture until consistency is smooth and spreadable.
- 3. Spread on cooled cupcakes.
NotesFrom our library here I brought home 125 best Cupcake recipes. So far it seems to have some yummy recipes. Over the next while I will be making a few of them. The Malted Espresso Cupcakes are really good, nice and moist. The frosting really adds to them. Definitely one to try.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More