- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 quart milk (whole milk is best, but I've used skim)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- If using raisins, cover them with hot water to plump them up. Set aside.
- In a medium, non-stick saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Add rice and cook until water is absorbed (about 7 minutes).
- Add milk and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the eggs, sugar, vanilla and raisins.
- Serve warm or cold sprinkled with cinnamon.
NotesHanded down from my mother, this rice pudding brings back many happy memories for me.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
No-Bake Flag Cookies
Aunt Sherry’s Chicken Cacciatore
Strawberry Cheese TartSee More