- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 quart milk (whole milk is best, but I've used skim)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- If using raisins, cover them with hot water to plump them up. Set aside.
- In a medium, non-stick saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Add rice and cook until water is absorbed (about 7 minutes).
- Add milk and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the eggs, sugar, vanilla and raisins.
- Serve warm or cold sprinkled with cinnamon.
NotesHanded down from my mother, this rice pudding brings back many happy memories for me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Home cookingSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More