MAMA'S SUPPER CLUB TILAPIA PARMESAN
- Servings: 4
- 2 pound tilapia fillets (orange roughy, cod or red snapper can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Black pepper to taste
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish or jellyroll pan, lay fillets in single layer. Do not stack fillets. Brush top with juice.In bowl, combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings. Mix well with fork.
Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts
to flake. Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown,
about 5 minutes. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish
you use. Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler. Broil 3 to 4 minutes or
until almost done. Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or
MaMa's Supper Club's Recipe