- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is from my grandmother which I remember having during the summer from my childhood visits
to her house in Fresno, California. A
big favorite of everyone!
- 3 egg yolks beaten slightly, saving whites
- 1/4 C. lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/2 lemon, zested...grated or chopped fine
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 9 T. sugar
- Mix above ingredients into the top of a double broiler and cook over boiling water...stirring or beating constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the spoon. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until soft peaks are made. Fold the lemon curd into the whites.
- 1 C.whipping cream
- into soft peaks, then add to the lemon mixture. Place into a 10X10
- shallow dish. Sprinkle the top with a ground mixture of crystallized sugar and roasted almonds or line the bottom and sprinkle the top with ground graham crackers. (The first way was my mother's translation and the second way my grandmother's. They are both good!)
- Freeze for several hours.
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved Recipes
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More