- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 egg yolks beaten slightly, saving whites
- 1/4 C. lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/2 lemon, zested...grated or chopped fine
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 9 T. sugar
- Mix above ingredients into the top of a double broiler and cook over boiling water...stirring or beating constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the spoon. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until soft peaks are made. Fold the lemon curd into the whites.
- 1 C.whipping cream
- into soft peaks, then add to the lemon mixture. Place into a 10X10
- shallow dish. Sprinkle the top with a ground mixture of crystallized sugar and roasted almonds or line the bottom and sprinkle the top with ground graham crackers. (The first way was my mother's translation and the second way my grandmother's. They are both good!)
- Freeze for several hours.
NotesThis recipe is from my grandmother which I remember having during the summer from my childhood visits
to her house in Fresno, California. A
big favorite of everyone!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More