- Cooking Time: 3-4 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 16oz bag of Lentils
- 1 cup finely diced sweet onion
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 16 oz can of Italian Stewed Tomatoes chopped
- 3 cups of water
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- This recipe can be prepared on the stovetop or in the crock pot. I prefer the Crockpot because I can get it ready in the morning come back at days end with a crusty loaf of bread under my arm and Voila! Dinner is done…….
- Prep the Lentils as per the package instructions.
- Saute onion, celery, carrot and minced garlic in olive oil.
- When tender, add cleaned & drained lentils.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add liquid.
- Set Crockpot on low for 3-4 hours.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Serve with a side salad and bread.
NotesWe recently took a trip out to California. We stopped at a restaurant called Pea Soup Andersen’s. They have been in the business of dishing up their homemade pea soup for over 85 years! That's a lot of soup. As much as we love Pea Soup, we wouldn't want to compete with Anderson's so here's our recipe for Lentil Soup with a touch of Italian.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Food Travels Through Italy
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More