MAMMA'S GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Mamma's Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 12 to 14 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 10-15
- Equipment Needed
- Blender (with an S blade)
- 2 cupcake tins
- cupcake liners
- Oven pre-heated to 350
- 1 1/2 cans organic black beans(well drained)
- 4 organic eggs
- 3/4 cup agave or 1/2 cup honey (I prefer agave. Honey to me is like a high-pitched scream…too sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Mixture
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (or carob)
- 5 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon melted organic butter
- 1/2 cup agave (Honey–6 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon)
Combine all ingredients for the chocolate mixture. Stir until nice and smooth. Set aside to cool a little so it wont scramble your eggs.
Add to your blender– black beans, agave, baking powder, vanilla, ground cinnamon and chocolate mixture. Blend until super silky.
Add eggs and blend. The mixture will look very runny. That’s a good thing!
Fill cupcake liners almost to the top.
Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!!
While waiting for my husband to wake up from surgery, I came across a recipe in the Yellowstone Woman's Magazine that used beans as a base for cupcakes. I thought to myself….what the heck! Beans are cheap! So this is my adaptation!!