- Cooking Time: 1 hour-15 minutes
- Servings: appx.8 man sized portion
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 2 Lb.ground beef,85-90% lean
- 2 Lb sweet italian sausage
- 2 large bell pepers,red,green or yellow,diced
- 2 large onions,diced
- 1 12 Oz.pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 1 T garlic
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 C cracker crums,ritz or club work best
- 1 can diced tomatos,fresh can be used if in season
- salt& pepper to taste
- 1/2 c ketchup
- Mix all ingrediants exept ketchup
- kneed mixture and place in large loaf pan,2 may be used for smaller loaves
- put loaves in larger pan with 1" water,on center rack of oven,cover with foil
- bake appx 1 hour at 350 degrees
- remove foil and carefully drain water
- add ketchup to top of loaves,and return to oven for appx.15 minutes.
- slice,serve with favorite vegatable and enjoy.
NotesCoked in a restaraunt in Tennessee,this was one of the house specials.