- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 ¼ tbsp)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp softened butter
- Mix sugar and warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir to dissolve.
- Let bloom for 5-10 minutes.
- Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center of it with your fingers.
- Slowly pour the yeast mixture into the well.
- Mix thoroughly, adding the butter as you incorporate the yeast and water.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Dough will be firm.
- Place in a large bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Dough is ready to use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Koken met OmaSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More