- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 ¼ tbsp)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp softened butter
- Mix sugar and warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir to dissolve.
- Let bloom for 5-10 minutes.
- Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center of it with your fingers.
- Slowly pour the yeast mixture into the well.
- Mix thoroughly, adding the butter as you incorporate the yeast and water.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Dough will be firm.
- Place in a large bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Dough is ready to use.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
culinary karmaSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More