- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c Flour
- 1 3/4 ts Baking powder
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Allspice
- 1/4 ts Nutmeg
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/3 c Margarine
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c Milk
- 10 oz Mandarin orange tin, drained
- TOPPING (optional)
- 1/4 c Melted butter
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1/2 ts Cinnamon
- Note: tin of broken segments is less expensive than whole segments.
- About a cup of fresh orange pieces could be used.
- Sift flour with other dry ingredients.
- Cut in Margarine.
- Combine egg and milk, and add all at once to dry ingredients -- mix only until moistened.
- Fold in orange pieces and break them up more if batter seems to dry at first.
- Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins while still warm.
- Dip tops in melted butter and sugar-cinnamon mixture.
NotesA good and hearty breakfast muffin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Short & SweetSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More