- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3 T instant tapioca
- 2 1/4 c whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 c sliced almonds
- 1 lb seedless mandarins
- 2 T minced candied ginger
- 1. Whisk together sugar, tapioca, milk, egg and salt in a saucepan, set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2. Heat tapioca mix to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Split vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the mixture.
- 3. Remove tapioca from heat and pour into a bowl to chill. It will thicken as it cools. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
- 4. Heat oven to 350, spread almonds on ungreased jelly roll and shaking pan occasionally to prevent scorching, bake until fragrant and golden. Remove immediately and transfer to bowl, so they stop cooking.
- 5. Peel mandarins and carefully remove pith. Cut into 2-segment pieces, and halve pieces. Set aside.
- 6. Sprinkle ginger over chilled tapioca, and stir to mis.
- 7. Layer tapioca, mandarins and almonds into glass or bowl -- try for three layers. Chill for up to an hour before serving.
Notesfrom L.A. Times, 1/25/2006
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More