- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Divide the romaine, oranges, pecans and cranberries between two salad plates.
- In a blender, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and onion powder; cover and process until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads.
- Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 333 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
NotesThis is a great salad. I also added some ripe avocado slices and slivered red onion to the salad toppings. I made extra dressing for the rest of the week!