- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Divide the romaine, oranges, pecans and cranberries between two salad plates.
- In a blender, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and onion powder; cover and process until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads.
- Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 333 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
NotesThis is a great salad. I also added some ripe avocado slices and slivered red onion to the salad toppings. I made extra dressing for the rest of the week!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More