- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (12-ounce jar) sweet orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (original recipe calls 2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 24 large shrimp -- peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper -- chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts -- drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce and cornstarch; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Set aside.
- Place large skillet or wok over high heat for 1 minute, then add oil. Heat oil for 30 seconds then add ginger, garlic and shrimp. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside. Add bell peppers and broccoli, cook for 1 minute. Add water; cover and reduce heat for medium. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover and heat to high, add shrimp, marmalade mixture and water chesnuts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste. Add green onions. Serve over hot cooked rice
NotesThis recipe is originally from the Smuckers web site. The only thing I added was the can of water chestnuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More