- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (12-ounce jar) sweet orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (original recipe calls 2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 24 large shrimp -- peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper -- chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts -- drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce and cornstarch; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Set aside.
- Place large skillet or wok over high heat for 1 minute, then add oil. Heat oil for 30 seconds then add ginger, garlic and shrimp. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside. Add bell peppers and broccoli, cook for 1 minute. Add water; cover and reduce heat for medium. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover and heat to high, add shrimp, marmalade mixture and water chesnuts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste. Add green onions. Serve over hot cooked rice
NotesThis recipe is originally from the Smuckers web site. The only thing I added was the can of water chestnuts.
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More