- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups lightly fluffed mashed potatoes
- 2 egg yolks, beaten lightly
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten until soft peaks form
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- Fat or Vegetable oil fro deep frying
- Make mashed potatoes the way you always make it. Beat in the egg yolks. Chill until potatoes can be handled easily, then form into 2 inch croquettes, roll each in flour. Dip in the egg white, then the crushed almonds. Fry in deep vegetable oil preheated to 375ºF until golden on all sides. Makes 8 croquettes.
NotesHave you ever wondered what to do with leftover mashed potatoes? Here is your answer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More