- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium mangoes ; cut into bite sides pieces
- 1 medium (about 1 pound) jicama, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (also called Mexican Potato, Mexican yam Bean, Mexican Turnip)
- 1 long cucumber; peeled & cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 2 TB honey
- 1 C canola oil
- salt,to taste
- zest from 1 lime
- Cutting the mangoes: Peel the mangoes, then cut the flesh from the pits: A mango pit (to which the flesh clings tightly) is flattish and oval, more-or-less a smaller version of the mango's overall shape. To cut the flesh off the pit, stand a mango on one end and slice the flesh from one side of the pit. Turn the mango around and slice the flesh off the other side.
- You'll be able to get a couple thin slices of flesh off the pit on each end. Cut the large pieces into long 1/2-inch-wide "fingers."
- Salad: combine mango, jicama and cucumber Mix the Lime juice, zest & honey in a blender.
- Run blender at a lowe speed & slowly drizzle in oil until dressing is slightly thickened & then add salt to taste.
NotesI made this last year for Cinco De Mayo and my husband has requested jicama again. This recipe came from the family fun magazine in 2007.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More