- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI made this last year for Cinco De Mayo and my husband has requested jicama again. This recipe came from the family fun magazine in 2007.
- 2 medium mangoes ; cut into bite sides pieces
- 1 medium (about 1 pound) jicama, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (also called Mexican Potato, Mexican yam Bean, Mexican Turnip)
- 1 long cucumber; peeled & cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 2 TB honey
- 1 C canola oil
- salt,to taste
- zest from 1 lime
- Cutting the mangoes: Peel the mangoes, then cut the flesh from the pits: A mango pit (to which the flesh clings tightly) is flattish and oval, more-or-less a smaller version of the mango's overall shape. To cut the flesh off the pit, stand a mango on one end and slice the flesh from one side of the pit. Turn the mango around and slice the flesh off the other side.
- You'll be able to get a couple thin slices of flesh off the pit on each end. Cut the large pieces into long 1/2-inch-wide "fingers."
- Salad: combine mango, jicama and cucumber Mix the Lime juice, zest & honey in a blender.
- Run blender at a lowe speed & slowly drizzle in oil until dressing is slightly thickened & then add salt to taste.