MANGO, LIME AND GINGER CHEESECAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 30 gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (8 oz each) cream cheese (not reduced-fat or fat-free)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger (see Note 1)
- 1 mango, peeled; halves diced (see Note 2, about 1 cup)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and halved
- 1 Tablespoon each sugar and finely chopped crystallized ginger
- lime slices, cut in half
- Lightly coat an 8 x 2-1/2-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Crust: Process cookies and sugar in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter; pulse to blend. Press over bottom and halfway up sides of pan, using bottom of a small measuring cup to press into an even layer. Put in freezer while making Filling.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, 1/4 cup cream, the lime peel and juice and crystallized ginger in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 3 minutes or until smooth, pale and fluffy. Fold in diced mango. In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, beat remaining 3/4 cup cream until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Fold into cheese mixture until blended. Spoon into crust; smooth top. Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Topping: Cut each mango half lengthwise in thin slices. Place in a small bowl; sprinkle with sugar and crystallized ginger. Gently stir, then let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Run knife around sides of cake to loosen. Remove pan sides. Fan mango slices on top. Garnish with lime.