- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 30 gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (8 oz each) cream cheese (not reduced-fat or fat-free)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger (see Note 1)
- 1 mango, peeled; halves diced (see Note 2, about 1 cup)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and halved
- 1 Tablespoon each sugar and finely chopped crystallized ginger
- lime slices, cut in half
- Lightly coat an 8 x 2-1/2-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Crust: Process cookies and sugar in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter; pulse to blend. Press over bottom and halfway up sides of pan, using bottom of a small measuring cup to press into an even layer. Put in freezer while making Filling.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, 1/4 cup cream, the lime peel and juice and crystallized ginger in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 3 minutes or until smooth, pale and fluffy. Fold in diced mango. In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, beat remaining 3/4 cup cream until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Fold into cheese mixture until blended. Spoon into crust; smooth top. Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Topping: Cut each mango half lengthwise in thin slices. Place in a small bowl; sprinkle with sugar and crystallized ginger. Gently stir, then let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Run knife around sides of cake to loosen. Remove pan sides. Fan mango slices on top. Garnish with lime.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More