- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 20
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (1 pint) frozen mango sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 (6-ounce) package (1 1/2 cups) fresh raspberries
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup peeled chopped fresh mango
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with floured fingers.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Spread mango sorbet over cooled crust.
- Place raspberries in single layer over sorbet.
- Place in freezer until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Combine 3 Tablespoons butter and cream cheese in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar; continue beating until well mixed.
- Increase speed to high; beat, gradually adding whipping cream, until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in fresh mango and vanilla.
- Spread evenly over raspberries.
- Freeze until firm (4 hours or overnight).
- Let dessert stand 20 to 30 minutes to soften before cutting.
NotesThis light dessert recipe features sorbet, fresh raspberries and a mango mousse layered on top of a shortbread crust.
Prepare this dessert the night before entertaining so you can save time the next day to prepare your main meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More