- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 cups beluga lentils (aka black lentils), cooked
- 1-2 cups mango salsa*
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- * My favorite is Archer Farms (i.e., Target brand) fresh mango salsa, found in the produce section -- otherwise any good mango salsa with a bit of a kick of spiciness will work!
- Brown onions in skillet until nearly clear, adding garlic and cilantro just before clear.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in lentils and mango salsa until warm throughout.
- Before serving, stir in remaining cilantro leaves.
- Serve atop steamed brown or thai rice, prepared polenta slices, or anything you like!
NotesThis is an easy side dish, especially when you use pre-cooked beluga lentils (available at Trader Joe's)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More