- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 cups beluga lentils (aka black lentils), cooked
- 1-2 cups mango salsa*
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- * My favorite is Archer Farms (i.e., Target brand) fresh mango salsa, found in the produce section -- otherwise any good mango salsa with a bit of a kick of spiciness will work!
- Brown onions in skillet until nearly clear, adding garlic and cilantro just before clear.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in lentils and mango salsa until warm throughout.
- Before serving, stir in remaining cilantro leaves.
- Serve atop steamed brown or thai rice, prepared polenta slices, or anything you like!
NotesThis is an easy side dish, especially when you use pre-cooked beluga lentils (available at Trader Joe's)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More