- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup raisin soaked in brandy/rum
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fresh mango puree
- 3 TBS shredded fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip
- The night before or earlier in the day steam raisins pour run or brandy on let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or spray with non stick , two loaf pans line with parchement paper.
- Spray or grease paper.
- In a bowl combine flour baking soda and salt..Set aside.
- With electric mixer beat butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Then turn off mixer .
- Make Mango Puree: Blend two mangoes with the juice of 1 lemon in a blender.
- Add mango puree and stir with wooden spoon.
- Gently fold in flour mixture into mango mixture.
- Then fold in ginger , chocolate chip, coconut.
- Drain raisins and fold in.
- Bake about 1 hour.
NotesThis is dear to my heart . It is the most wondweful dessert! It is lovely with a cup of tea, coffee good vanilla ice or just on it!s own. I use a loaf pan and put a lime cream cheese frosting on it. This make 2 9x5 loaves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Breads and Pastry 101
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More