- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons Parve margarine (or butter), divided
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 medium carrots, peeled
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 mango peeled
- Saute onion in two tablespoons of the butter on medium-high heat until they begin to brown. Add garlic and continue to cook about one minute longer. Set aside.
- Slice sweet potatoes and carrots into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Coarsely chop peeled mango. Toss in bowl with sauted onions, potatoes and carrots, then pour into shallow baking dish.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine orange juice, honey, salt and brown sugar with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir until butter melts. Pour this mixture over vegetables and mango, and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour. Uncover, and bake for 15 minutes more.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Wamogo Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2015
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Smooth Sweet Tea
Bacon Pecan Crumble Chocolate CakeSee More