Mango Chicken Skewers
1 tsp. lime rind, gratedMango Chicken Skewers Recipe
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. honey
1 sweet red pepper
1 small red or sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
1. In a small bowl, create marinade by whisking together lime rind and juice, oil, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
2. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and place in separate bowl.
3. Pour half of the marinade over top, toss to coat, and let stand for 20 minutes.
4. Stir honey into remaining marinade and set aside. (Better yet, cover and refrigerate separately for up to 4 hours.)
5. Meanwhile, cut off mango flesh from each side of pit. Cut in a grid pattern of 3/4-inch squares in flesh of each side down to (but not through) the skin. 6. Gently push skin to turn inside out, and cut off the flesh. Chop any flesh left on pit.
7. Core, seed, and cut red pepper into 3/4-inch pieces.
8. Alternately thread mango, pepper, onion, and chicken pieces onto each of skewers.
9. Brush with half of the reserved honey marinade. Discard marinade used for chicken.
10. Place kabobs on a lightly greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning and basting chicken once with remaining honey marinade until fruit is softened and chicken is no longer pink inside (about 8 minutes).
Pairs Well With
Protein: 14 g
Fiber: 4 g
Carbs: 35 g
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g