- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 pound skinless, bonless chicken thighs
- 1 large mango
- 1/4 pound asparagus or green beans
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves -- minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger root -- minced
- 2 medium scallion -- minced (separate white part from green)
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- Slice chicken as thinly as possible. Peel mango and cut flesh off the seed. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside. Snap the fibrous ends off the asparagus and cut the stalks on the diagonal into 1 inch pieces. If using green beans, remove the ends and cut on the diagonal into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, orange juice, honey and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. The recipe can be prepared ahead to this stage.
- Just before serving, heat a nonstick wok or frying pan over high heat. Swirl in the oil. Add the garlic, ginger and scallion whites and stir fry until fragrant but not brown, about 15 seconds. Add the chicken and asparagus or green beans and stir fry for 2 minutes. Stir the sauce again and add it to the pan. Continue stir frying until chicken is cooked and nicely coated with sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the mango, scallion greens, and cilantro leaves and cook for 20 seconds. Serve at once.
NotesI used breasts instead of thighs in this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More