- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mango sliced
- 1 cup orange cubed (about 1/2 large orange)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coconut essence (optional) can use vanilla extract
- a pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Throw everything in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. YUM!
NotesIf you are in search of a taste of the tropics – look no further than this little glass of Heaven. I wanted to call it “Taste of Hawaii” but thought that was a tad corny. But I have let the cat out the bag now, so I suppose I may as well commit! Anyway, just throw everything in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. I tried this with fresh and frozen mangoes and they both worked “s’blendedly”. I have put the agave nectar and coconut essence as optional extras. You can also substitute vanilla extract. But this smoothie tastes fantastic without the flavor enhancers. But I was in a decadent, celebratory mood and wanted to heighten the nutty flavor and sweetness. Either way – blend up this simple concoction – it is pure bliss.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
culinary karmaSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More