- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. frozen mango, diced (3 cups) - You can buy this at Trader Joe's.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup oatmeal, processed to a powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 egg white
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss mango, 1 tablespoon sugar, cornstarch, lime juice, and salt together for filling; set aside.
- Combine oats, 1/4 cup sugar, flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the almonds and extract, and blend to break up the nuts slightly.
- Whisk the egg white and add it to the oat mixture, using a fork to blend.
- Divide the mango mixture among four ovenproof cups or ramekins.
- Sprinkle each with some of the berries and top with oat mixture.
- Bake on baking sheet for 40-45 minutes until topping is golden and fruit is bubbly.
- Cool slightly before serving.
NotesMy cousin Rosalie gave me this recipe.
Note: You can use any combination of fruit and berries. Plums and peaches are a great combination.usin Rosalie gave me this recipe.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Fueling a Firehouse
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More