- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mango pulp (I used frozen mango pulp)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweet coconut flakes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350'F. Prepare your muffin tins with paper liners
- Cream the butter then gradually add the sugar
- Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Add the mango pulp and beat well
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk to the mango mixture
- Add the vanilla and blend
- Add the coconut flakes and blend.
- Fill each paper lined muffin tin about 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over the top of each cooled cupcake.
NotesOver in the form section here on BakeSpace we had a "challenge" to make a Haitian dish. The original recipe I discovered and was going to make was a mango coffee cake. I couldn't leave well enough alone and altered the recipe a bit and came up with these moist, tasty cupcakes with a tart lemon glaze.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More