- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mango pulp (I used frozen mango pulp)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweet coconut flakes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350'F. Prepare your muffin tins with paper liners
- Cream the butter then gradually add the sugar
- Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Add the mango pulp and beat well
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk to the mango mixture
- Add the vanilla and blend
- Add the coconut flakes and blend.
- Fill each paper lined muffin tin about 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over the top of each cooled cupcake.
NotesOver in the form section here on BakeSpace we had a "challenge" to make a Haitian dish. The original recipe I discovered and was going to make was a mango coffee cake. I couldn't leave well enough alone and altered the recipe a bit and came up with these moist, tasty cupcakes with a tart lemon glaze.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More